Create Security Group
You can create a security group that consists of a set of rules to control the inbound network traffic and outbound network traffic. When the security group is associated with or assigned to an instance, it controls the inbound network traffic to the instance and outbound network traffic from the instance. You can create a security group to control TCP, UDP and ICMP traffic.
You can configure rules to
- Allow all inbound and/or outbound TCP, UDP and ICMP traffic, in general
- Allow traffic to and from specific TCP, UDP and ICMP ports
- Allow all inbound and/or outbound traffic irrespective of the protocol
Any traffic that does not match the rules specified in the security group assigned to an instance, is disallowed to and from the instance.
You must be a self-service user or an administrator to perform this operation.
To create a security group, follow the steps given below.
- Log in to Clarity.
- Click Networks in the left panel.
- Click the Security Groups tab.
- Click Create New Security Group.
- Enter Name and Description for the Security Group.
- Create the rules in the security group as required. Do either of the following.
- Click Add Inbound Rule in the Inbound tab to add an inbound rule. Repeat the step to add more rules for inbound network traffic.
- Click Add Outbound Rule in the Outbound tab to add outbound rule. Repeat the step to add more rules for outbound network traffic.
- Click the cross-sign icon on the rightmost corner of a rule to remove the rule from the security group.
- Click Create Security Group.
The security group is created with the rules specified for inbound and outbound network traffic. The security group can be assigned to an instance.