Create Floating IP Address
You can manually assign a floating IP address from a floating IP address pool to an instance.
Alternatively, you may create a floating IP address and assign it to an instance after the floating IP address creation. The external network, over which you to make the instance accessible, must be configured before you create the new floating IP.
You must be a self-service user or an administrator to perform this operation.
To create a floating IP address, follow the steps given below.
- Log in to Clarity.
- Click Networks in the left panel.
- Click the Floating IPs tab.
- Click Assign New Floating IP.
- Select the Create new floating IP address check box.
- Select the external network from which the floating IP address is to be automatically allocated.
- Click Create Floating IP.
A new floating IP addresses is created. The newly created floating IP address can be assigned to an instance at a later point.