An environment refers to a Murano environment, which is a container to deploy Murano applications.
An environment governs the runtime behavior of a Heat template.
Generally, the environment contains the values that replace the input parameters for the Heat template at runtime.
An environment comprises the following resources with respect to a Murano application to be deployed.
- The Murano application to deploy
- The image from which an instance can be spawned to run the Murano application
- The SSH key-value pair with which secure communication can take place between the instance and the underlying operating system or hardware resources
- The flavor for CPU and memory resource allocation to the instance
- The network that the instance uses to communicate with other resources associated with the instance
When a Heat template is instantiated through a stack, the values of the resources specified in an environment override the values of the respective resources specified in the Heat template.