A stack consists of one or more templates that are run in a particular sequence. When you create a stack, you specify the Heat template and one or more template files that are referred to in the main Heat template.
You can directly input the YAML syntax for the main template or choose a YAML file. You must also specify the values of the parameters mentioned in the main template in the sequence in which they have been listed in the YAML file. Apart from this, you must specify the name of the stack and the timeout in minutes for the stack creation.
You must be a self-service user or an administrator to perform this operation. To create a stack, follow the steps given below.
- Log in to Clarity.
- Click Orchestration in the left panel.
- Click New Stack or Create New Stack.
- Select the File option and choose the YAML template file, or select Direct Input option and enter the template syntax in the text area provided for the template.
- Click Choose Files to add the YAML template files, if any, that have been referred to in the main template.
- Click Next.
- Enter the values for the stack parameters.
- Click Next.
- Enter the Stack Name.
- Enter the creation time in minutes.
- Click Launch.
The stack is launched and is accessible using the IP address that has been assigned to it.
You can click the stack name from the stack list and obtain the IP address from Info tab> Outputs section.