You can integrate SolidFire to work with Cinder block storage in Platform9 Managed OpenStack.
You must specify the login credentials for SolidFire in the Clarity UI when you authorize a host for block storage, or edit a host to configure it for block storage.
Follow the steps given below to integrate SolidFire with Cinder block storage.
- Log in to Clarity with administrator credentials.
- Click Infrastructure.
- Select the host to be configured and then click Configure Host on the toolbar above the list of hosts.
- Click Block Storage.
- Select the Yes check box for Make host a Cinder Block Storage node.
- Enter the identifier label in the Storage Backend Label. This is a label to identify the storage backend.
- Select SolidFire as the Driver Type.
- Enter the IP address of the Storage Area Network (SAN) with SolidFire storage.
- Select the Add Block Storage Credentials to the Platform9 control plane check box.
- Enter the SolidFire login ID in Login.
- Enter the SolidFire password in Password.
- Click Update Block Storage Details.
The host used for Cinder block storage is able to communicate with the SolidFire storage in the SAN, after configuration of the SolidFire credentials.