You can create a subnet while creating a network.
Alternatively, you can create a subnet for an existing network.
You must be a self-service user or an administrator to perform this operation.
To create a subnet for an existing network, follow the steps given below.
- Log in to Clarity.
- Click Networks in the left panel.
- Click a network name in the list of networks. This is the network for which the subnet is created.
- Go to Subnets tab.
- Click Create New Subnet.
Enter the following details.
Field Description Subnet name Name of subnet Network Address (CIDR) Network address of the subnet IP version Version of IP protocol selected. Currently only IPv4 is supported, hence IPv4 is the default value. Gateway IP IP address through which devices outside the network can be accessed.
- Click Disable Gateway if you want to keep the subnet private.
- Click Next.
- Select the enable DHCP text box if you wish to enable DHCP addressing.
- Enter the allocation pools to select new IP addresses from. Enter the allocation pool in the following format
- (for example, 192.0.2.10 - 192.0.2.254).
- Enter DNS name server addresses, if applicable.
- Enter the host and subnet routes in the format
destination_CIDR, next hop(for example, 192.0.2.0/24, 198.51.100.5). If there are multiple route entries, enter each entry on a new line.
- Click Next.
- Review the configuration details and then click Create if all details have been correctly entered.
A subnet is created with the specifications mentioned in the subnet configuration.