Create and Assign Floating IP Address to Instance
You can manually assign a floating IP address from a floating IP address pool to an instance. Alternatively, you can create a floating IP address and assign it to an instance after creation. The external network, over which you to make the instance accessible, must be configured before you create the new floating IP address. The instance to which you want to assign the floating IP address must be created before you can assign the floating IP address to the instance.
You must be a self-service user or an administrator to perform this operation.
To create a floating IP address and assign the floating IP address to an instance, follow the steps given below.
- Log in to Clarity.
- Click Networks in the left panel.
- Click the Floating IPs tab.
- Click Assign New Floating IP.
- Select the Create new floating IP address check box.
- Select the external network.
- Select the instance to which the newly created floating IP address is to be assigned. This is an optional step. If the instance is not specified, the floating IP address is created but not assigned.
- Click Assign Floating IP.
A new floating IP addresses is automatically allocated from the selected external network and assigned to the selected instance.