Benefits of PMO
With PMO any user, including developers, are able to quickly and easily build Virtual Machine (VM) instances. Platform9 also enables developers to launch multi-tier applications that are composed of multiple VMs with a single click. Once an application has been deployed, PMO will track the usage as part of leases and quota restrictions ensuring that no sinlge user or tenant exceeds their allocated resources, thus greatly simplifying resource management and enabling agility for greater business productivity.
Orchestration & Application Stacks
Complex multi-tier applications can be quickly deployed and torn down utilizing out of the box orchestration included with PMO. Self-service users and administrators have access to create custom orchestration stacks that can be integrated in development, testing and production to greatly accelerate development cycles and drive consistency in each environment.
Enhancing VMware vSphere for Developers
With PMO developers no longer need to log into vCenter to build and maintain virtual machines. And VMware administrators no longer need to manually wrangle virtual machine sprawl with countless spreadsheets.
PMO connects directly to vSphere and creates a self-service portal with leases and quota management that enables developers to get what they want, when they need it and removes the need for VMware administrators to manually manage developer virtual machines.
Create multiple tenants with specific leases & quotas
Developers can self manage leases & quota consumption
Hardware Requirements for PMO
Following is a minimal configuration to enable a PMO POC/Trial deployment.
- 1 to 3 physical servers running Linux RHEL/CentOS/Ubuntu
- Each server configured with sufficient local or shared storage to host virtual machines that will run on that server.
- 1 server configured with sufficient additional storage to host 1 or more images used for virtual machine provisioning.
- Each server having at least 1 network interface (configured with either flat or VLAN networking) and outbound HTTPS access.
- 1-3 physical servers - We recommend starting with 3 servers but you can start with 1.
- Each server configured with:
Apart from the Linux operating system distributions mentioned above, PMO also supports integrating with your VMware vSphere virtualization environment.