Configure Host as Image Library
You must configure the image library settings for a host, if you wish to use the host as an image library to store Glance images. Once it is configured function as an image library, the host can be used to make the required images available to create virtual machine instances.
Before you can configure a host to function as an image library, you must authorize the host.
When you wish to make a host an image library, you must specify the location or the directory path to store image content on the host. The default path is /var/opt/pf9/imagelibrary/data.
You can have more than one image library hosts. When you have multiple image library hosts, ensure that the image storage path on all image library hosts is the same.
You must specify the access point IP address or FQDN to access the image library.
To configure image library settings for a host, follow the steps given below.
- Log in to Clarity.
- Click Infrastructure in the left panel.
- Click the Hosts tab.
- Select a host and click Configure Host seen above the list of hosts.
- Click the Image Library tab.
- Select the Yes check box for Make host an Image Library.
- Specify the directory path to store the image content.
- Select the access point for Image Library access.
- Select the Yes check box if you want to make the host a public Glance endpoint.
- Click Update Image Library details.
The host is ready to be used as a Glance image library.