Configure Host as Image Library
You need to configure atleast one host with the image library role so that your PMO cloud can use that host to store and serve your VM images to create new virtual machines from.
As part of this process, you need to specify the location (the directory path) to store image content on the host. The default path is
You can configure multiple hosts as image library hosts in PMO. We recommend doing this for a production envirment to create a highly available image catalog.
IMPORTANT - when you have multiple image library hosts, the image storage path on all image library hosts must be the same.
To configure image library settings for a host, follow the steps given below.
- Log in to Clarity.
- Click Infrastructure in the left panel.
- Click the Hosts tab.
- Select a host and click Configure Host seen above the list of hosts.
- Click the Image Library tab.
- Select the Yes check box for Make host an Image Library.
- Specify the directory path to store the image content.
- Select the IP address (access point) for Image Library access.
- Select the Yes check box if you want to make the host a public Glance endpoint.
- Click Update Image Library details.
The host is ready to be used as a Glance image library.
Thank you for your feedback! What did you like about this article?
Thank you for your feedback! How could this article be improved?
Thank you for your feedback!