Configure Host as Hypervisor
You must configure hypervisor options for a host if you wish to use the host as a hypervisor on which the virtual machine (VM) instances would be created.
Before you can configure a host to work as a hypervisor, you must authorize the host. While authorizing the host, you must specify if you want to use the host as SNAT host to route traffic from the private network to the public Internet.
You can change the hypervisor settings at any point after the host is authorized and no VM instances are running on the host.
If the host is already in use with VM instances are running or active on the hypervisor host, you cannot modify the VM Storage path.
You must be an administrator to perform this operation.
To configure hypervisor options for a host, follow the steps given below.
- Log in to Clarity.
- Click Infrastructure in the left panel.
- Click the Hosts tab.
- Select a host, click Configure Host seen above the list of hosts.
- Click the Hypervisor tab.
- Select the Make host a Hypervisor check box if you wish to make the host a hypervisor.
- Click Edit VM Storage Path to change the VM storage path. Do not modify the VM storage path unless necessary, if the host has already been authorized.
- Select the access point for VM Console access.
- Enter the cluster IP if high availability has been enabled for the host.
- Select the Tunnel Interface IP.
- Specify a Physical Network Config Label. The physical network config label is an identifier for the physical network that the host connects to.
- Select the Mapping Bridge Device to which the host should map.
- Click Add a Physical Network Config to add physical network config label and the corresponding mapping bridge device.
- Repeat the step to add more physical network configurations.
- Click the minus sign adjacent to a physical network config label, to remove the physical network configuration.
- If you wish to run DHCP server for Neutron networks on this host, select the Yes check box for Run DHCP Servers on Host.
- If you wish to enable advanced remote support on the host, select the Yes check box for Enable Advanced Remote Support. This is an optional step.
- If you wish to enable Ceilometer and performance metrics on the host, select the Yes check box for Enable Telemetry. This is an optional step.
- Click Update Hypervisor Details.
The configuration of hypervisor settings is complete.
You can now create VM instances on the host.