You can create a new flavor and make it available to one or more tenants.
You can create a flavor such that the virtual machine instances created with the flavor can be assigned to hosts whose metadata key-value pairs match the metadata key-pairs of the flavor. While creating such a flavor, you must specify the host metadata for the flavor. The metadata must correspond to your currently defined host aggregates.
You must be an administrator to perform this operation.
To create a flavor, follow the steps given below.
- Log in to Clarity.
- Click Flavors in the left panel.
- Click Create a New Flavor seen in the top right corner.
- Enter the following details.
Field Description Name Name of the flavor VCPUs Number of virtual CPUs RAM RAM with unit of measurement. Disk Disk size with unit of measurement.
- Click Next.
- Click Assign Metadata to the key-value metadata of the host aggregate to the flavor, if you want to restrict the flavor to hosts belonging to a host aggregate only. This is an optional step.
- Click Next.
- Select the Available to all tenants check box if you want to make the flavor available to all tenants. If you want to make the flavor available to a few tenants, deselect the Available to all tenants check box and select the check boxes for the tenants for which you make the flavor available.
- Click Create.
The flavor is created successfully. The flavor is now available for creation of virtual machine instances.
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for the feedback.