You can create a new flavor and make it available to one or more tenants.
You can create a flavor such that the virtual machine instances created with the flavor can be assigned to hosts whose metadata key-value pairs match the metadata key-pairs of the flavor. While creating such a flavor, you must specify the host metadata for the flavor. The metadata must correspond to your currently defined host aggregates.
You must be an administrator to perform this operation.
To create a flavor, follow the steps given below.
- Log in to Clarity.
- Click Flavors in the left panel.
- Click Create a New Flavor seen in the top right corner.
- Enter the following details.
Field Description Name Name of the flavor VCPUs Number of virtual CPUs RAM RAM with unit of measurement. Disk Disk size with unit of measurement.
- Click Next.
- Click Assign Metadata to the key-value metadata of the host aggregate to the flavor, if you want to restrict the flavor to hosts belonging to a host aggregate only. This is an optional step.
- Click Next.
- Select the Available to all tenants check box if you want to make the flavor available to all tenants. If you want to make the flavor available to a few tenants, deselect the Available to all tenants check box and select the check boxes for the tenants for which you make the flavor available.
- Click Create.
The flavor is created successfully. The flavor is now available for creation of virtual machine instances.
Thank you for your feedback! What did you like about this article?
Thank you for your feedback! How could this article be improved?
Thank you for your feedback!