Before you can install OpenStack CLI on Windows, you must install Python 2.7 and Microsoft Visual C++ compiler for Python, on the Windows host.
Install Python and Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler
Follow the steps given below to install Python.
- Download and install Microsoft Visual C++ Compiler for Python 2.7
- Run the Python installer that you have downloaded from the Python website.
- During the installation, include the Python directory path in the PATH environment variable.
Select the Will be installed on local hard drive option for the Add python.exe to Path feature, and then click Next.
The Python installation path is automatically added to the PATH environment variable on successful installation of Python, when this option is selected.
Install OpenStack CLI
To install OpenStack CLI, follow the steps given below.
- Run the following command in the Windows Shell.
- Download the OpenStack RC file from the Platform9 Clarity UI.
- Download the Windows PowerShell script from https://github.com/platform9/support-locker/blob/master/openstack-clients/windows/Source_OpenRC.ps1
- Start Windows PowerShell, and change into the directory where you saved the above script.
- Run the downloaded Windows PowerShell script with the OpenStack RC file as argument.
You are now ready to run Openstack CLI commands on the Windows host.
See Microsoft's PowerShell Set-ExecutionPolicy documentation for more information.