Before you install OpenStack CLI, you must install Python and the required compiler packages on Ubuntu.
Follow the steps given below to install Python and the required compiler packages.
- Update the list of available packages.
- Install GNU compiler library (GCC), Python, and the dependent libraries.
Install OpenStack CLI
Follow the steps given below to install OpenStack CLI on a Ubuntu 14.04 or Ubuntu 16.04 host.
- Load virtualenv variables.
- Create a virtual environment.
- Upgrade pip to the latest version.
- Run following command to set up OpenStack CLI.
OpenStack CLI is successfully installed, and ready to be used on the Ubuntu host.
Thank you for your feedback! What did you like about this article?
Thank you for your feedback! How could this article be improved?
Thank you for your feedback!