Sign in with Multi-factor Authentication
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) provides increased security and better access control to Platform9 resources. With multi-factor authentication, you are expected to provide a time-based one-time password (TOTP) to sign in, apart from the username and password.
A time-based password is generated by a multi-factor authentication application (MFA app).
Mobile users can install an MFA app such as Google Authenticator, Duo Mobile and Authy on their mobile phones. Laptop or computer users can install an MFA app such as Authy on their computers. Multi-factor authentication must be enabled on your account for you to be able to log in to Clarity using multi-factor authentication.
To sign in to Clarity with multi-factor authentication, follow the steps given below.
- Launch your web browser and enter the Clarity URL provided to you.
- Select local credentials.
- Enter the correct username and password on the sign-in page.
- Select the I have a Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) token check box.
- Launch the MFA app and generate a time-based one-time password with the MFA app.
- Enter the correct one-time password generated by the MFA app in MFA code.
- Click Sign In.
You are successfully logged in to Clarity.
You can perform tasks on Clarity, based on the role that has been assigned to your username.