Enable Multi-factor Authentication
Multi-factor authentication is more secure than a simple username-password combination.
You can enable multi-factor authentication for a login to Platform9.
With multi-factor authentication, a user is expected to provide a time-based one-time password to sign in, apart from the username and password.
A time-based password is generated by a multi-factor authentication application (MFA app) such as Google Authenticator.
Mobile users can install an MFA app such as Google Authenticator, Duo Mobile and Authy on their mobile phones. Laptop or computer users can install an MFA app such as Authy on their computers.
To enable multi-factor authentication, follow the steps given below.
- Log in to Clarity.
- Click Tenants and Users in the left panel.
- Click the Users tab.
- Select the checkbox for the user to edit.
- Click Manage MFA on the toolbar seen above the list of users.
- Click ENABLE.
- Scan the QR code that is displayed in the Manage Multi-Factor Authentication dialog box, with an MFA app such as Google Authenticator.
- Enter the authentication code displayed to you by the MFA app on scanning the QR code.
- Enter the next authentication code displayed to you by the MFA app.
- Click Verify.
- Click Enable.
The MFA app is paired with the user account.
The user can install the MFA app on his or her smart device or laptop to generate and use a time-based one time password to log in to Clarity UI.
Thank you for your feedback! What did you like about this article?
Thank you for your feedback! How could this article be improved?
Thank you for your feedback!