Add Microsoft Azure Cloud Provider
Before you can add Microsoft Azure cloud provider to Platform9 Managed Kubernetes, you must satisfy the following prerequisites.
- Create a service principal. Refer to Microsoft Azure documentation to create a service principal.
- Obtain the tenant and client IDs for the service principal, to be able to sign-in to the service principal portal. Refer to Microsoft Azure documentation to find the tenant and client IDs.
- Ensure that a client secret is present before creating an Azure cloud provider. Refer to Microsoft Azure documentation for details.
You must be logged in as Platform9 administrator user on the tenant to which you wish to add a Microsoft Azure Cloud provider.
Follow the steps given below to add Azure as a cloud provider.
- Navigate to Infrastructure > Cloud Providers > Add New Cloud Provider.
- Click Azure under Cloud Provider Type.
Enter the following Azure credentials.
Field Description Name Name of your choice to be given to the cloud provider Tenant ID Tenant ID of the service principal Client ID Client ID of the service principal Client Secret Client secret of the service principal Subscription ID ID of the subscription that correlates to the service principal
- Click Save.
The Microsoft Azure cloud provider is added successfully.